Our recently updated tracking study on energy issues reveals that a majority of Canadians continue to support the development of the oil sands and the construction of pipelines to move product.
the high cost of prescription drugs causes many to risk their health by not taking their medications as prescribed
- 93% of Canadians feel it’s important that everyone in Canada has equal access to prescription drugs.
- 88% of Canadians agree that the federal government has a responsibility to ensure there is prescription drug coverage for all people living in Canada.
- 88% of Canadians support a national pharmacare program that provides equal access to prescription drugs – regardless of income – with one in two (51%) saying they strongly support such a program.
- Over the past 12 months, one in four Canadians (24%) decided not to fill or renew a prescription, or did something to make a prescription last longer, due to its cost.
- One in four Canadians (25%) have an individual in their household who has hesitated about quitting or changing jobs to prevent losing prescription drug coverage.
- 35% of Canadians have experienced household budgetary stress due to the cost of prescription drugs.
- One in five Canadians (21%) with drug coverage report that they pay part of the cost of a prescription out-of-pocket, and that those costs are difficult to afford.
About the study:
Environics Research conducted this online poll of 1,500 adult Canadians aged 18+ between August 8 and 16, 2019. The margin of error for a comparable probability-based random sample of 1,500 is +/- 2.6 percentage points, 19 times out of 20.